Next Team Meeting: 24 July 2018 Charleston, SC
Partnering Team Vision
- A regional alliance among State and Federal environmental regulators, military facilities and commands to foster cooperative relationships among all members and empower teams to effectively remediate Department of Defense hazardous substance release sites for protection of human health and the environment.
Partnering Team Mission
- To facilitate remediation through support and empowerment of Tier I and Tier II Teams to restore sites to beneficial use while meeting current and future mission requirements, safeguarding human health, improving quality of life and enhancing the natural environment.
Partnering Team Guiding Principles
- Commit to collaborative decision-making
- Understand each partner’s mission, core interests, constraints, measures of success and goals.
- Develop and maintain trust among participants and participating agencies.
- Build consistency between policy and execution.
- Recognize that empowered, high-performing teams are the keys to success.
- Provide leadership by demonstrating team skills and commitment.
- Remove organizational boundaries wherever possible.
- Demonstrate mutual support among members for shared success.
- Recognize that helping others to succeed strengthens partnerships.
- Be proactive.
- Finish cleanup of facilities in a cost effective and timely manner and on compliance with State and Federal regulations.